miércoles, 10 de agosto de 2011

MY COMMENTS ON DEXTRO ENERGY WCS PARATRIATHLON LONDON 2011 (ENGLISH)

I know you are many English speakers who read my blog so that is why i have decided to do a special update in your languaje talking about the race I did this weeckend in London.

All the travelling adventure will be written in another update but in Spanish which for me is easier. Lets talk here about the race in Hyde Park.

It was my second triathlon in Sprint distance and also my second race in London after last year I raced in the supersprint of the WCS.

This time we were 49 triathletes from 13 different countries competing on the 6 categories deppending on type of dissability.

This was my first year training in triathlon, although last time i had gone swimming before London was maybe a couple of weecks ago. Also not lots of tandem or running training during the university year and less in summer... I went to london just to enjoy again lovely triathlon weeckend and to try to do it a bit better than in Eurochamps here in Spain.

806m swimming at The Serpentine lake, 21 km biking around Hyde Park (flat course) and 4.9 km running.

The race started at 4pm and finally had some rice for lunch at 2pm with some spicy flavour sauce. I don't like eating with so little time before training or competing as my stomach i think is a slow worker speacially when i am nervous.

Before the start it was raining a lot and i think all athletes felt really cold speacially those who like Alba and me did not have any kind of thermal blanket but just a big black plastic.

I still get really lost on swimming in open water, it is not easy when you see almost nothing in the water and you have no idea about where buoys are. But this time at least twe didn't have problems with the joining system between my guide and me during the swim as we had in Pontevedra so it was fine... 15min 36 sec. T! was ok, i think i was quite efficient on taking out the wetsuit, swimming cup and goggles and puting on the helmet, bike trainers and race number.

The cycling part was the best we have ever done together, maybe because it was not hilly. We were in first place for some m of the bike part and then second because the deutch girls (Joleen and her guide) overtook us. 35 min and i don't remember how many seconds including transition, was quite fine for not being a bike expert at all.

T2 was also fast and then we started the running. I gave everything i could during all the race and in the last 2m of sprint at the end of the blue carpet the british girls passed us. I had no idea about how near or far they were, trying to do the best i could, but believe me this is not the best way of ending a race. 23.12 including transition.

Maybe i could feel sad about London's race, but no... i am quite happy with it as i can see with more and better training i can do it much better (race in UK was wonderful if we compare it with the Euros). This has been the most difficult season ever for me after last october a very important person in my life (my dear aunt/Godmother) passed away and the situation could be considered as sad and dramatic. Everyday there is a moment for remembering what has happened and it is only time what can help us return to what is called normal life. I wanted to dedicate to her a nice race in Hyde Park and so did I...

Now it is time to keep working a bit harder. I just want to thank all the people who made possible our trip to London, speacially Galician Triathlon Association, family, guide Alba Cuba, Ryanair and Terravision for their good job with carrying the tandem, that anonymous man who took us from Victoria Station to Imperial college, Patrick at the Astor Quest Hostel, Pedro with his van on the journey back, staff from Imperial College, British Triathlon, ITU, all organizers, sponsosr and volunteers working on this race, etc.

See you!

Kiss

Susana






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario